Temperature data from 1996 forward i need help

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

cassie5995

Temperature data from 1996 forward i need help

Post by cassie5995 »

I have looked everywhere online and i need help
If you have data or know where i can get some please say so
thanx
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Cassie,
Sounds like an interesting project. What sort of temperature data do you need? Surface water? Air? Where is your site?
Thanks,
Chris
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

You were a little bit vague in what data you need, but there's a historical database of weather data going back to 1994 from thousands of sites here:

http://www.wunderground.com/

Find a city you want information on, and click the "historical data" link at the bottom and you'll have access to more information than you could ever possibly want about the weather at that particular weather station on any particular date.

Is that what you were looking for?
../ray\..
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

Hmmm... I dug around some more on that site, and while there are some weather stations available with data going back a long time, it can take a lot of effort to find specific information that you're looking for, so perhaps something else would better suit your needs.

But I'll need more of an idea what kind of data you're trying to look for (specific to an area, world averages, etc., etc.)...
../ray\..
raytrent
Former Expert

Post by raytrent »

Ack, sorry... I should do more research before spamming... there *is* a more useful way to get data out of this site, in the "History and Almanac" box on the left side of the page about half way down... you can get data for any date (that there's data for) without having to find a particular station that goes back that far...

Anyway, take a look and let us know if you need something different.
../ray\..

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”