Vitamin C

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

eliz

Vitamin C

Post by eliz »

To whom it may concern:
My experiment has to do with vitamin C. I'm supposed to use iodine, cornstarch, and water to find out the amount of Vitamin C there is in a juice. The juices I'm using are apple, orange, grape, tomato and green pepper juice. The green pepper juice is squeezed from the pepper. I have to mix 1/2 a teaspoon of cornstarch with water, and 4 drops of iodine. Then, I squeeze drops of juices into the test solution and count how many drops it takes to make the blue color disappear. The problem is that I can't find any research on the web. It's always some other project. Please help! Thanks. :wink: :D
Last edited by eliz on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barretttomlinson
Former Expert

Post by barretttomlinson »

Check out the project writeup "Which Orange juice has the most vitamin C" in the Chemistry Section of the Science Fair Project Ideas link at the top of the page:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ?from=Home

This has web links to the background information relevant to your project.
eliz

reply to "Vitamin C"

Post by eliz »

:P Thanks. the website helped, but if you have any more information, then I'd like to receive it. :lol:
phi-unit
Former Expert

Re: Vitamin C

Post by phi-unit »

Hi eliz,

What exactly about the process would you like to more about. General information about the chemical processes involved could be found in high school chemistry book (if you have access to one.) Also there are a number of "chemistry help" online resources which could teach more about these concepts.

Phi-unit
maxwelmorgen
Project Question: science
Project Due Date: July 15, 2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Vitamin C

Post by maxwelmorgen »

Hi Eliz,
Vitamin C play vital role in increasing our health as vitamin strengthen immunity system and reduce the risk of major health problems. Vitamin C lower blood pressure and prevent from heart disease, certain cancers and fight against bacteria, viruses, and infection.
Health is wealth

Return to “Grades 6-8: Physical Science”