mathematical science project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

unicornwhale250

mathematical science project

Post by unicornwhale250 »

for a science project im doing this year its a math science project im doing from this site but my teacher requires variables for my science fair project so i just wanna know what could be some independent,dependent, and or controlled variables for a math science fair project?
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: mathematical science project

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello, and welcome to Science Buddies!

It would help if you can tell us more about your project. What question are you exploring? We would like for you to take a first attempt at identifying your variables.

Independent variables are those you will change to see if it affects the outcome of your experiment.

Dependent variables are those that you’re measuring to see if their outcome changes due to changes in your independent variables.

Controlled variables are those you will keep constant so they don’t change the outcome you of your experiment (ie, they don’t affect your dependent variable)

Write back and tell us more about your project and your initial thoughts on variables, and we’ll go from there.

Good luck!
Deana

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”