HELP my bibliography is way to long!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

jojm

HELP my bibliography is way to long!!!

Post by jojm »

my bibliography is way to long for my project board it takes up 3 pages (my board can only take 1 or 1.5 max :oops: )
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: HELP my bibliography is way to long!!!

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello.

I recommend you prioritize your sources, perhaps based on most used (still alphabetize after you prioritize). I recommend keeping it to one page and leave space at the bottom to annotate "additional source information documented in project report."

Congratulations on finishing your project, and good luck!
Deana
deleted-489186
Project Question: I am doing the Classical Music and Cognitive Tasks experiment for a high school advanced science fair project. I am looking for a mentor. Would a retired psychiatrist be a good mentor?
Project Due Date: November
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Post by deleted-489186 »

Bibliographies can take up a whole lot of space, especially if you did a lot of research. If your bibliography is three pages long and that is too much, try making the font a lot smaller. Another option is expanding the board so that there is more room for the bibliography. Hope this helps!
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by MadelineB »

Hello JoJM,

I would like to emphasize that it would be better to follow the suggestions from the expert, Deana, and select just the high priority references. As an ISEF judge, I suggest that you do NOT reduce the font size to make the references fit. Judges view your project much more favorably if they read all the information on your board!

Best of luck!
Madeline
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

The Project Display Board guide contains a lot of useful information, including information about fonts and readability on the board. https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... lay-boards

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”