Help with procedure information for encryption project

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

EwanLapis

Help with procedure information for encryption project

Post by EwanLapis »

So for my science fair project I am comparing to types of encryption to see which one is stronger,
and I was wondering about how I would talk about the procedure, because I am going to be making
a program that will encrypt a message, and another program that will decrypt the message. So when
I try and explain the procedure would I explain how the program works or would I explain how to use
the program? Because that I'm making this program myself it doesn't mean that everybody can make
the exact same program. So if anybody can maybe give me an idea of what to do; I know that you don't
give out direct help but if anybody would have an idea of how I would write this out, please reply.

P.S. If I made any mistakes about my grammar please note that I am not very good at grammar.
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help with procedure information for encryption project

Post by MadelineB »

Hello EwanLapis and welcome to Science Buddies,

This sounds like a fun project and I applaud your thoughtful questions about what to describe.

I actually think that the science fair judges will want to see both descriptions! They surely want to see a description of how your program works, both encrypting and decrypting. But also including a description of how to use the program will let the judges also judge the useability of your programs.

It is also a good idea to include the actual code in your log book, or at least "pseudo code" so the judges can see the flow of your logic.

Let us know if you have more questions, and best of luck with your project!

Madeline

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”