blood pressure and video games

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

dballentine7

blood pressure and video games

Post by dballentine7 »

what can of graph should i use for this project by that i mean line bar graph what do you think
DENISE
davidkallman
Former Expert

Re: blood pressure and video games

Post by davidkallman »

Hi Denise,

Unfortunately some bad news.

If you look on:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... tion.shtml

you'll notice that "Effect of running, music, video games, or almost anything on blood pressure" is listed as a topic to avoid. Please consult the page above for the reason. So you may need to pick a different topic.
Cheers!

Dave
whitney357
Project Question: NONE
Project Due Date: NONE
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by whitney357 »

[Post removed by Science Buddies administrator.]
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Whitney357, as I posted in your other topic:
Welcome to the Ask an Expert forums. These forums are for providing advice to high school students for their science fair projects - we do not have a medical staff for health related advice. I recommend that you ask a medical professional.
Thanks for asking, and sorry we can't help.
Regards,
Chris
davidkallman
Former Expert

Post by davidkallman »

Hi whitney357,

Just curious, what is "BG" in Occupation: BG?

Thanks.
Cheers!

Dave
brisaya
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by brisaya »

Why is blood pressure relatively more important than flow? Why is blood pressure more important than flow. For instance, you can have a lot of blood that will flow through an artery, but that is not good enough, it must also be a certain pressure. Indeed pressure is almost more important than the absolute amount of blood that flows. Can anyone explain why this is true?
Craig_Bridge
Former Expert

Post by Craig_Bridge »

Why is blood pressure relatively more important than flow?
I could easily take either side in a debate on this one. Bottom line, both flows and pressures are important. Within nominal pressure ranges, the specific pressures at different points in the circulatory system affect capillary function and how flow rates are balanced between competing paths. When pressures get too high, capillaries break. When pressures are too low, flows cease in smaller cross section portions of the system. When differential pressure (difference between systolic and diastolic pressure) is too low, the check valves in the system fail to prevent reverse flows. if this is insufficient for your purposes, please post a new question in the life science forum for the appropriate grade level.

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”