Help Me Figure Out How to Analyze My Data Statistically

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

mariko

Help Me Figure Out How to Analyze My Data Statistically

Post by mariko »

Hi there,

I am in dire need of a stats whiz to help me figure out which test to use to analyze my thesis. The raw data is nominal, and I converted into quantitative (i.e. 1= match, 2=mismatch).

Now, I have been told that I need to use a Wilcoxon non-parametric test to analyze my data. Please help! I can provide you with more information, if you think this sounds like you can help. My deadline is December 1st.

Help!!!!
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

Hi,

This is a forum for elementary and secondary students to ask questions about their science fair projects, not a forum for graduate students to come ask about how to analyze data from their thesis.

Putting 'Wilcoxon nonparametric test' into Google will give you multiple hits telling you exactly how to analyze your data. You also ought to be able to look up 'Wilcoxon test' on whatever stats package you have and look through the help files and they will tell you exactly how to do the analysis.
hhemken
Former Expert

Open source package?

Post by hhemken »

For what it's worth, have a look at this. It might be useful to answer your question, and then again maybe not:

http://sourceforge.net/project/screensh ... _id=131001
Heinz Hemken
Mentor
Science Buddies Expert Forum

Return to “Grades 6-8: Math and Computer Science”