Need help with title for science fair project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

radhaupa123

Need help with title for science fair project

Post by radhaupa123 »

Hi,

I am doing a project on the effect of artistic expression (such as painting) on levels of pain.
I'm having two groups of people put their hands in ice for a set amount of time.
After that, one group will take a survey about how much pain they felt.
And the other group will paint a picture about their pain and then take that same survey.
I want to see if the group that got to express themselves through art reported to have less pain compared to the other group.

So I need something to do with maybe pain, art, or ice, or anything else that you think would make sense.
meganthesciencegal

Re: Need help with title for science fair project

Post by meganthesciencegal »

Hi radhaupa123!
That's an interesting project you've got! I think the title should reflect the main area of what you're studying, which is psychological responses. Maybe try something like, Effects of Artistic Expression on Psychological Responses to Pain, or something catchy like Art and Ice: The Way We Respond to Pain. The title should be able to tell the reader exactly what you'll be looking at in the experiment on first look.
radhaupa123

Post by radhaupa123 »

@meganthesciencegal
Thank you for the reply! Your ideas led me to create:
Paint Away the Pain: A Study on the Effect of Artistic Expression on Pain Management
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by SciB »

Hi Radha,

Just a quick suggestion--please keep ALL your posts in one thread, otherwise we experts may miss a question and answer such as this one that is related to another question that you posted under a different heading.

Sybee
radhaupa123

Post by radhaupa123 »

@SciB

I just recently joined science buddies so im not really sure how things work yet.
thanks for letting me know!!!

--Radha
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by SciB »

You are welcome!
It makes things easier for everyone following a discussion if all the Q & A's are in one place, that's all.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”