Daphnia Magna experiment

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Oklahoma168
Project Question: Hi. While doing the Daphnia Magna experiment, I was just going to try and find out whether the Daphnia with more sediment will die first, compared to my control? For my control, I have one in the shipping water and one in my spring water. Which one is going to die first, as I could not see my daphnia. Thanks
Project Due Date: 26/3/18
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Daphnia Magna experiment

Post by Oklahoma168 »

Hi. While doing the Daphnia Magna experiment, I was just going to try and find out whether the Daphnia with more sediment will die first, compared to my control? For my control, I have one in the shipping water and one in my spring water. Which one is going to die first, as I could not see my daphnia. Thanks
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Daphnia Magna experiment

Post by AmyCowen »

In this project, you are asked to count and record the Daphnia Magna in the solutions at various points:
Count and record the number of Daphnia in each container at 8, 16, 24, and 48 hours after the start of the experiment.
We are not able to tell you the results of the project. You will need to perform the experiment and see how the Daphnia do in each solution.

When you say you are not able to see them, what do you mean? Were you able to see them in the container to begin with?

Amy

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”