Difficulties in my project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

timo09058
Project Question: Banana skin can reduce toxic in water
Project Due Date: 12 August 2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Difficulties in my project

Post by timo09058 »

My project is about The potential of musa sp( Banana Peels) as an extractor of heavy metal in waste water treatment. This project will be present in Young Scientist Competition. The problem is that the project is mainly on biochemistry but I am taking part in biology field. The experiment I am carried out on the project were using chemistry method. How am I going to separate this project to biology field?
jmehta14
Former Expert
Project Question: Do probiotics with antibiotics have a greater affect on different types of bacteria?
Project Due Date: March 1st
Project Status: I am finished with my experiment and analyzing the data

Re: Difficulties in my project

Post by jmehta14 »

Deartimo09058,

Congratulations on your bright idea for the science project. As far as my understanding you can enter any project video for young scientist competition as long as your idea is new and is going to be beneficial to the community. Both Biology and Chemistry are interdependent in Science experiment and if you use Chemistry for your analysis of your project you should still be able to enter the contest under Biology. You can also check out this website for Young Scientist Challenge student rules for 2012. The key is to show and explain the scientific process of your experiment.

Good Luck,
Jay

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”