Who is the Expert???

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

projectmomm001
Project Question: We need to know which type of professional do we find to be our Expert to talk/interview. Our project is - How peoples clothes and attitude affect a person's response. We will be using a young lady dressed in "goth" type clothes/with an attitude and then dressed very nicely and very polite request people to help her open a water bottle at the mall. The variable will be a variety of ages of the people asked.
Project Due Date: December 22, 2012
Project Status: I am just starting

Who is the Expert???

Post by projectmomm001 »

I am doing a science project where we are using people's perception/reaction to different fashion and attitudes. I need to have an interview with an expert or professional in that field -I'm not sure who it would be. This is for8th Grade Behavioral Science. Can anyone direct me where I might find this expert (like a school) or what their title would might be?
Thank you.
MO
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Who is the Expert???

Post by HeatherL »

Hi MO,

You have a really cool project idea! Have you seen the project "It's Written All Over Your Face" on the Science Buddies site? https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ml#summary It may help you with your project design.

It sounds like your idea falls into the realm of psychology, so you would be looking for a psychologist to interview. Here is some general information about the field of psychology: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... nformation

You could look for psychologists (including graduate students of psychology) at a nearby college or university.

I hope this helps! Please post again (in this same thread) if you have more questions.

Heather
Jacobie09
Project Question: Not applicable: I do random projects all the time just for fun (although I turn in all my results)
Project Due Date: Not applicable

Post by Jacobie09 »

Neat idea!
The subject I hate is the subject I love: Math
Jacobie09
Project Question: Not applicable: I do random projects all the time just for fun (although I turn in all my results)
Project Due Date: Not applicable

Post by Jacobie09 »

I'm not allowed to do behavioral projects.
The subject I hate is the subject I love: Math

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”