Bioluminescence: How light/dark cycle affects glow in the dark dinoflagellate

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

rachel456

Bioluminescence: How light/dark cycle affects glow in the dark dinoflagellate

Post by rachel456 »

Hello experts,
I am currently in the ending processing of conducting data for this experiment. However, my data is all over the place, for there is no clear conclusion I can draw from this experiment. I am just wondering what the expected data from this experiment is..?? Thank you!
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Bioluminescence: How light/dark cycle affects glow in the dark dinoflagellate

Post by amyc »

We are not able to provide expected results for projects. You will need to base your analysis on your results. If you want to talk over what you are seeing, Experts may be able to help you sort things out or help pinpoint why you may have gotten inconsistent results.

But they are not able to provide data for you.

Amy
Science Buddies
rachel456

Re: Bioluminescence: How light/dark cycle affects glow in the dark dinoflagellate

Post by rachel456 »

As I am analyzing my data I am noticing that group 3, the box being kept in constant darkness and not exposed to any light, is producing bio luminescence all the time. Is this normal? And if so, how is total darkness causing the dinoflagellates to glow all the time? Thanks for your help!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”