Analyzing a liquid

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

KatriJana

Analyzing a liquid

Post by KatriJana »

Hi
I am working on a project that is attempting to decompose certain substances in a liquid. I would analyze the liquid to test its chemical composition. The ph has changed quite a bit, but I would really like to understand what the liquid contains.

Please advise on how I can go about doing this.
Thank you so much!
Kat
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Analyzing a liquid

Post by SciB »

Hi Kat,

Your project sounds like it might be one for the Physical Sciences Forum--Chemistry. Could you please post again with some details of what you are trying to decompose and why.

Detecting molecules is possible but we have to know what they are before we can make any suggestions. There are certain kinds of test kits you can buy like pH paper that will tell you the concentration of compounds like glucose. But we need to know what you are doing.

Get back to us and we'll try to help.

Sybee

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”