Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Help

Post by 720872 »

Hi,

Can anyone explain how to use the website PyRX? It's a gene docking website that is proving itself to be very confusing.

Thanks
iriss
Former Expert

Re: Help

Post by iriss »

What are the specific issues you're dealing with while trying to run the program? Providing some more detail about the problems you're having might make it easier for we experts to help you. :)

In the mean time, I can say that it will be helpful if you have some knowledge of the Python programming language. Do you have much experience with Python? PyRx syntax is very similar.

You can also view this "Beginner's Manual for PyRx" online: https://www.slideshare.net/JohnCahill4/ ... l-for-pyrx

Also, are you using the paid or free version? Note on the website that the free version doesn't include any support or bug fixes, so it's possible that you could run into glitches that make operating the software even more confusing, unfortunately.

Post by 720872 »

My issue is just that I don't really know how to use it. I don't have any prior experience, and I'm using the free version. I'm using Pyrx for drug design, so if you know any other sites that might be better/simpler, I'm completely open to suggestions.
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Did you spend time reading through the beginner's guide that was suggested in the previous post?

Amy
Science Buddies

Post by 720872 »

I did, but it didn't completely explain how to interpret the results, which at this point I might say would be my main problem.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”