Is a iq test a reliable measure of intelligence ?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Demonhammer

Is a iq test a reliable measure of intelligence ?

Post by Demonhammer »

Hi I am looking for a reliable answer to this question from a reliable or peer-reviewed source, but I do not know what is a reliable or peer-reviewed answer to this question.

I have heard that IQ tests are not a reliable method to reliably measure someone’s intelligence and I have also heard that it is a reliable method. So I do not know what to make of this and wanted to hear from an expert in the related fields that pertain to IQ and human intelligence to tell me whether IQ really is a reliable method to measure intelligence or not
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Is a iq test a reliable measure of intelligence ?

Post by MadelineB »

Hello, The Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 who are doing science projects. The experts do not answer general questions from non-students. There are other sites on the web where your questions will be more appropriate. Thank you.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”