Hello. Badly need your help please

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

shinbangcs

Hello. Badly need your help please

Post by shinbangcs »

:( :( hello. i badly need help because i am not really smart when it comes to subjects related to english and science eventhough i am trying my best. and now we are required to pass a science investigatory project :cry: and i dont have any idea about it. now, i am planning just to use agricultural waste for oil spill because i couldn't think of good ideas like others do. can i ask a favor, do you know any fruit leaves or peels or any agri waste that have hydrophobic and oleophilic properties?

thank you so much and God bless to all of you :D .
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Hello. Badly need your help please

Post by SciB »

Hi,

Sorry that no one has tried to answer your question. It sounds like you have a good idea for using cheap agri-waste items for oil clean-up. I can't think of any plant materials that would do that, however. Have you tried doing an online search for oil clean-up compounds? You would want something that is biodegradable and nontoxic but still effective. Surfactants are used frequently to break up a slick, but they can be harmful to marine life.

Post again with your search results and ideas and we can talk about your project.

Good luck!

Sybee
shinbangcs

Re: Hello. Badly need your help please

Post by shinbangcs »

Thank you so much :)

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”