HELP!!! Need Science Fair Project - Save the World

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

biancaday

HELP!!! Need Science Fair Project - Save the World

Post by biancaday »

Hi,

I'm in grade 12 and doing an international science fair with the theme 'Save the World' but I have no idea what my project should be on. I'm leaning towards water pollution and filtration to fresh water and possibly including chemical spill effects.

What should my question be and is there any way to make it super advanced to be worthy of going to the International Science Fair?

Thanks
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: HELP!!! Need Science Fair Project - Save the World

Post by SciB »

Hi,

It's hard for us to answer such a general question because the field of possibilities is so huge. You will be limited by your resources. For example, do you have a school lab you can work in or do you have to work at home? That would be a major influence on the types of project you could tackle.

Drinking water purification is a critical need in many countries, but the subject has been worked on many times. Still, if you can think up something new, cheap, readily available, and always effective, there will be millions of thirsty people who will thank you.

If you want guidance in choosing a subject area for a project, why don't you use Scibuddies' project selector wizard:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ject-ideas

Post again with more ideas and we'll talk about it.

Good luck!

Sybee
biancaday

Post by biancaday »

Ive decided to do it on oil and oil spills. I can work in my schools lab. I am going to use the experiment about using nanotechnology with ferrofluid. I want to do more experiments though. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Is this the project you have decided to do?
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... oil-spills

If you are looking for additional things to try, be sure and check the "Make It Your Own" tab for some ideas of ways you might alter or expand your experiment.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”