Seeking guidance from a Mentor

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Henry797

Seeking guidance from a Mentor

Post by Henry797 »

Hello, my name is Henry. I am currently a senior at in Maryland. I am enrolled in the Science and Technology program as an physical science major.

For my senior year, I am assigned a Research Practicum (RP) project which is; which in simpler terms is a very complex science project. My RP project requires me to have a mentor to assist me with my research, documentation, and to help answer any questions that I may have.

I am emailing to ask if you would be willing and available to be my mentor for the this school year. I understand that you are a very busy person and I would be very flexible and accommodating to your schedule. Communication can be kept online through emails or even video chat if necessary. I have interests in environmental science as well as computer science.
I understand that you are skilled and experienced in one or both of these fields and believe that you would be a great asset and boon to my education.

Thank You, I look forward to hearing from you

[Administrator note: edited to remove personal information.]
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Seeking guidance from a Mentor

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi Henry - The Ask an Expert forums are set up to provide students with access to a team of Experts in STEM fields. Experts are available to help here in the forums but can not be put in contact with you outside of the forums.

Once you have your project lined up -- or even as you start to think about what you will do -- you are welcome to post in the forums, and an Expert may be able to assist you. Many students work with Experts in the forums throughout a long project.

If, instead, you want to look for a local mentor, this resource at Science Buddies has some really useful information:

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... tem-mentor

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”