Help in choosing a Graduate program

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

RachanaMenon

Help in choosing a Graduate program

Post by RachanaMenon »

I am a 3rd year medical student from India. I'm interested in the fields of Microbiology, Virology and Evolutionary biology. I want to pursue a degree in Astrobiology as it comprises all these fields but since it is a relatively new field, it is difficult to get information about it in India. I have been advised to pursue further education outside India.
Also, I am interested in learning about evolution through studying viruses because I feel that since viruses have a large and unpredictable mutation rate, it would be easy to study them. Thoughts on how I can study this and any scholarships or degree programs which will allow me to study Astrobio.

Thanks!
SciB
Expert
Occupation: Retired molecular biologist, university researcher and teacher
Project Question: I wish to join Scibuddies to be able to help students achieve the best science project possible and to understand the science behind it.
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Help in choosing a Graduate program

Post by SciB »

This is a forum for helping high school students with their science fair projects, not a general question and answer service. There are other forums online that can help you with your questions.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”