Carbon capture

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

deleted-737275

Carbon capture

Post by deleted-737275 »

I've recently been looking into alternative energy sources and their uses the future. I've researched solar, wind, thermal, nuclear, and a bunch of other interesting and promising energy sources.
when trying to organize my project i came upon an interesting technology that had been backed by several oil industries and Bill Gates called carbon capturing. I've done a couple hours of research on it, but it made me very curious about the big picture of alternative energy sources, climate change.
in short my question is simple: "Is carbon emissions in our atmosphere the only danger from fossil fuels?"
(I realize that the technology is still very far away and has several flaws, i just want to know if there are any other dangers.)
MS15
Former Expert
Project Question: To volunteer as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Carbon capture

Post by MS15 »

Hi PurpleToad,
The purpose of this forum is to help grade school students plan, perform and troubleshoot experiments for their science fair projects.
Your question is best answered by reading recent scientific literature in the field and opinions of reliable scientists. It's a very important question that you are asking and I hope you find suitable answers in your research.
Best,
MS

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”