Is 'reincarnation' possible by rearranging atoms?

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

ThanatophobicScaredyCat

Is 'reincarnation' possible by rearranging atoms?

Post by ThanatophobicScaredyCat »

If no matter can be created or destroyed, is it an inevitability that we will all continue consciousness long, long after our deaths because one day, our atoms will rearrange themselves?

I know that time was created by the big bang, and could end with the big crunch- but if one bang happened, it is likely to happen again, which is why I am assuming that time is eternal.

I also know that it seems incredibly unlikely based on how complex we are, but if time is infinite then I believe it is impossible not to be reborn (?)

I also question whether or not consciousness would continue... Would rearranging the atoms bring us back or just create a 'clone' with a new consciousness?

Would it have to be comprised of the same atoms or could it be a different combination yet still return our consciousness?
MrsDez
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Is 'reincarnation' possible by rearranging atoms?

Post by MrsDez »

Hi,

Is this a question for a science project? The Ask an Expert forums are for questions about science projects. Please provide more information about your project so that we can better assist you.

Thank you!
ThanatophobicScaredyCat

Post by ThanatophobicScaredyCat »

If , in theory, I really needed this answer to help sleep at night because i have life threatening phobias and not for a project, yet I can't get any scientists to listen to me- could you still answer it?
If not... I'll totally supply a project for you. :(
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - these forums are for students working on science projects for school assignments, science fairs, etc. If the questions you have are related to phobias you have, we encourage you to talk with a counselor or doctor.

This is outside of the scope of these forums.

Amy
Science Buddies

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”