HELP for statistical analysis of my data!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

amyh1115

HELP for statistical analysis of my data!

Post by amyh1115 »

II collected data on the number of times a signal appears per day, and then made a line graph for this data. The overall trend is positive and shows a direct relationship. I was wondering what statistical analyses I could do with my data. Thank you :D
koneill18
Expert

Re: HELP for statistical analysis of my data!

Post by koneill18 »

Hi there!

I'd be happy to help you figure out what statistical analyses you can perform on your data. First, I have a few questions to help me understand your data better. What was your hypothesis for this experiment and what were the experimental conditions that you were changing to cause the signals? Do you have a line graph with data from a control group that you're comparing to a line graph with data from an experimental group?
falconiverson

Re: HELP for statistical analysis of my data!

Post by falconiverson »

Hello!

My name is Falcon Soedarsono and I would love to help you with figuring out which statistical analysis you should do to better summarize your data. A line graph is most likely used to show a trend and prove a direct relationship within the experiment. However, other than these two, we can also use other statistical analysis such as calculating the mean, median, standard deviation, variance, and others, depending on the experiment itself. It would be beneficial if you could actually give a further explanation about what you are actually trying to prove in this case.

Let me know if you have any further questions about anything.

Falcon

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”