Do you really lose what you don't use? From evolutionary prescriptive

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

exxxpro

Do you really lose what you don't use? From evolutionary prescriptive

Post by exxxpro »

Here is what’s in my mind: according to entropy laws and mechanics, anything that is not used or put energy to reserve it will eventually fade away or gets disordered (that applies to the informations in the form of DNA too). and these useless informations in the DNA has no natural selection working for it or even against it…. so i’m wondering really if entropy plays a role in evolution of living beings?
17eugenekim
Expert
Project Question: To assist others in the AAE forums
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Do you really lose what you don't use? From evolutionary prescriptive

Post by 17eugenekim »

Hello there,

The Ask an Expert forums are aimed towards guiding science fair projects for K-12 students. If this question is part of a science project, please offer additional details about the project so that we can help you further. (The Physical Sciences subforum may also be of use in this case.) I also invite you to check out our list of "Project Ideas" to see if any of them can help you study your question: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... e-projects Otherwise, if this is not in service of a larger project, I'm afraid this falls beyond the scope of our forums, though it is certainly an interesting question. Thank you!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”