Senior project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

MarkaylaE1027

Senior project

Post by MarkaylaE1027 »

Hello! I have a project due by at least May 13 and what I’m doing is a solvent extraction. I want to extract formaldehyde from DMDM hydantoin in 3 different conditioners but how exactly do I go about it? Is there anyone who can please help me with procedures? Also does anyone have an estimated guess as to how long this would take?
koneill18
Expert

Re: Senior project

Post by koneill18 »

Hello!

This sounds like a really cool project! Since it sounds like it's going to be a chemistry-based project, I would recommend posting your question on the Physical Science forum. There are chemistry experts there that can probably answer your questions better than the biology experts over here can!

Best of luck on your project!
Katelyn
MarkaylaE1027

Gas diffusion microextraction

Post by MarkaylaE1027 »

Hello!

For my senior project i’m trying to determine the amount of formaldehyde in 3 different conditioners by using gas diffusion microextraction and then spectrophotometry. My problem, however, is I can’t find the device used for the microextraction. Many articles talk about this low cost device but I don’t know where to find it. Is there someone who knows what I’m talking about and how to obtain the device used for this procedure?

-Markayla England

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”