Developing an X-ray Analysis App

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

SteveJobs2016

Developing an X-ray Analysis App

Post by SteveJobs2016 »

Hi,
I am thinking about making an app that analyzes pictures and can take X-rays identifying an injury that is not visible to the naked eye. I was wondering what type of coding language I would use to start?
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Developing an X-ray Analysis App

Post by AmyCowen »

Are you exploring this for a school science project? What programming or app development experience do you have so far that might be helpful in thinking about what you can do for a project?

Amy
Science Buddies
SteveJobs2016

Post by SteveJobs2016 »

Yes,
this is for a school science project. I have experience with C++ and Javascript. I am also learning other languages such as Python currently but am not fluent in it.
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by bfinio »

Hi - I'm a mechanical engineer, not a software engineer, but I know a little bit of Python and C++ (but no Javascript). In general however, I would recommend that you look into "image processing," "image analysis," and "computer vision" for the different languages you know, and see what is available. For example, I know OpenCV is a popular open-source computer vision library, and it looks like it works with both Python and C++: https://opencv.org/.
SteveJobs2016

Post by SteveJobs2016 »

Hi,
I will look into that thanks for the help!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”