Amount of sample members

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Claudia468

Amount of sample members

Post by Claudia468 »

Hello, I'm a junior and I'm having trouble deciding how many sample members I need for my science fair project. I tried searching up online how to determine that but I didn't understand. Basically, I'm trying to survey high school students from grades 9 to 12. In my school, there are two classes for each grade (two 9th grades, two 10th grades, two 11th grades, and two 12th grades). I want to test what are the causes of stress in teenagers from different teen ages in a survey. As my hypothesis, I wrote that school will get the highest out of all the causes. I want to know how many people I will be needing from each grade.
koneill18
Expert

Re: Amount of sample members

Post by koneill18 »

Hello,

This sounds like an interesting project! Here is the link to a Science Buddies resource that explains how many survey participants you need to get accurate results.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... ze-surveys

If you need any more help or clarification on anything, don't hesitate to post your questions here!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”