the stroop effect. please help!

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

Annalis
Project Question: how does the concept of interference explain the stroop effect?
Project Due Date: october 20, 2008
Project Status: I am conducting my research

the stroop effect. please help!

Post by Annalis »

I am working on a science fair Project on the Stroop effect. I have a lot of questions on the topic. Here are a few:

How does the brain work when under the Stroop effect?

Do males and females have different reactions to the Stroop effct?

Does age affect the Stroop Effect?

please respond quickly the project is due october 20th
donnahardy2
Former Expert

Re: the stroop effect. please help!

Post by donnahardy2 »

Hi Annalis,

If you are working on a science project, then you would need to make a demonstration display of words for your test subjects to read. You would then need to measure the effect on test subjects. You should be able to design an experiment that would show the difference between male and female subjects, and one to measure the difference between different ages. You would probably want to measure the time that it takes test subjects to read a series of words with the expected color and words with discrepant colors. It would be difficult to design an experiment to show how the brain is functioning, but perhaps you could include information on brain function in your background information section.

Here's a website that will give you a little more background information.

http://www.snre.umich.edu/eplab/demos/s ... pdesc.html

Good luck!

Donna Hardy
Annalis
Project Question: how does the concept of interference explain the stroop effect?
Project Due Date: october 20, 2008
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Re: the stroop effect. please help!

Post by Annalis »

Thanks for the help and advice.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”