Heart Rate Recovery Times

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

sakurako620
Project Question: Heart Rate Recovery Times
Project Due Date: March 4, 2009
Project Status: I am just starting

Heart Rate Recovery Times

Post by sakurako620 »

I need an expert to interview as soon as possible! Any help in direction will also help. Thanks a lot!

~Alex
Emily Willingham
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: na
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Heart Rate Recovery Times

Post by Emily Willingham »

Hi, Alex--

Could you give us a bit more information? For example, what kind of expert do you need--a physiologist? cardiology expert? kinesiology expert? And for the interview, do you have a list of questions?

If you can give us this information, it will be easier for anyone who is the kind of expert you seek to identify your need. Go ahead and post your information here in this thread, and let's see if one of our experts has the necessary knowledge in your subject area.

Emily
sakurako620
Project Question: Heart Rate Recovery Times
Project Due Date: March 4, 2009
Project Status: I am just starting

Post by sakurako620 »

I would need a physiologist, even a cardiology expert would be nice. The questions that I would like to ask them are:

1) What are some examples of activities that provide aerobic exercise?
2) What is the average maximum heart rate for someone my age?
3)What is the range recommended for heart rate during exercise?
4) How much exercise does your body need each week for good cardiovascular health?

Alex
davidkallman
Former Expert

Post by davidkallman »

Hi sakurako620,

I'm not a physiologist or cardiology expert, but much of what you are looking can be found on the net (presumably put there by physiologists, cardiology experts or other knowledge people).

If you input your four questions into answers.com, you'll find answers to your questions. Note, you may need to scroll through several pages to get a good reference.

Also note, the one question "How much exercise does your body need each week for good cardiovascular health?" is best abbreviated as
"How much exercise does your body need?" As you read through the various webpages on this question, you will see there is not one answer.

Please post again, if you need additional help after working through the above. In any case, becoming knowledgeable about the topic using the readably available public information can help in an interview.
Cheers!

Dave
davidkallman
Former Expert

Post by davidkallman »

Hi Alex,

I forgot to mention in my last post that there's a Science Buddies project at https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... p006.shtml that has a good discussion of the terms.
Cheers!

Dave
HeatherL
Former Expert
Project Question: How do different animals adapt to their environment?
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by HeatherL »

Hi Alex,

I am a physiologist, and my PhD advisor is specifically an exercise physiologist. Once you have gone through the available information (as David suggested), we might be able to help you if you are still required to conduct an interview.

Please keep us posted on your project!

Best wishes,
Heather
davidkallman
Former Expert

Post by davidkallman »

Hi Alex,

Four items to consider:

1. It's not the style of this board/project to do interviews or to have contact outside the board. If you post the questions you'd ask in an interview on the bulletin board, we'll do the best we can do to answer the questions. I should have mentioned this method upfront weeks ago.
2. It's great that you have such a long lead-time, months not days or even hours is what we typically see! If I calculate correctly, your original lead-time was three months. Now, it's close to seven weeks.
3. Since we haven't heard you does this mean your needs have been some other way?
4. Note: this topic became active not because of your postings, but because of someone else's. Again, is this project still active, and, if so, what questions, if any, do you have?
Cheers!

Dave

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”