Student Research Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

KevinX
Project Question: I havn't started my project yet and I am still wondering what topic I should do. I have had a browse through the topics and few have an independent variable and dependent variable which is part of the criteria for my student research project. I would like to record data periodically and it cannot be on plants. it is also has to be a long-term experiment.
Project Due Date: July 10th 2009
Project Status: Not applicable

Student Research Project

Post by KevinX »

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anybody could help me with an SRP that I have to hand in on July 10th 2009. I dont really mind what topic area it is on but it has to follow the following criteria: -not on plants, has to have an indenpendent and dependent variable, has to be a few weeks long. Thank you!
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Re: Student Research Project

Post by ChrisG »

Hi KevinX,
Have you taken a look at our Project Ideas Guide?
http://www.sciencebuddies.com/science-f ... deas.shtml
That is a good place to get started. If you have questions about particular projects, please let us know. We can probably help to adapt a project to your particular grade level, interests, and requirements.
Chris
tashbaird
Project Question: Advanced chemistry/biology
Project Due Date: n/a

Re: Student Research Project

Post by tashbaird »

Hi KevinX,
Recently a group of did an experiment on homeostasis. We tested heart rate and blood pressure's response to different exercise intensitys. We did light, moderate and high intensity and 5 tests for each on, but you could do less or more if you wanted to. Homeostasis is such a broad topic and there are heaps of experiment you could do for it eg blood glucose, temperature, heart rate etc.
Good luck,
Natasha

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”