Dermatology Science Project

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

tinkpink
Project Question: Dermatology Science Project
Project Due Date: I am doing my project on hand/skin lotion, I am looking for some variables to what I already have and where to find more science project info on it other than at www.fellowshipch.org? And What would be good to write about on a research paper (high school level)
Project Status: Not applicable

Dermatology Science Project

Post by tinkpink »

I am doing my project on hand/body lotion on what one retains the most moisture. Is there any other variations that I can do to this. I got that info from www.fellowshipch.org. And what should I write my research paper on
MelissaB

Re: Dermatology Science Project

Post by MelissaB »

I suggest doing research on the properties of skin. You probably also want to look up evaporation and osmosis; if you have time, you might want to do some research on some of the issues that terrestrial vertebrates faced when they evolved, including water loss.

The set-up as described in the project you linked to is fairly limited, but perhaps you could test different shampoos, which are also supposed to retain moisture in hair? Remember to test several samples of each.
tinkpink
Project Question: Dermatology Science Project
Project Due Date: I am doing my project on hand/skin lotion, I am looking for some variables to what I already have and where to find more science project info on it other than at www.fellowshipch.org? And What would be good to write about on a research paper (high school level)
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by tinkpink »

I am doing 14 different lotions and oils and 1 control how would I be able to measure the hair
MelissaB

Post by MelissaB »

You wouldn't, you would test for water loss the same way you are currently testing the lotions.

When I said several samples of each, I meant several samples of each lotion so you can get an average rate of evaporation from each.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”