How about a healthy cigarette???

Ask questions about projects relating to: biology, biochemistry, genomics, microbiology, molecular biology, pharmacology/toxicology, zoology, human behavior, archeology, anthropology, political science, sociology, geology, environmental science, oceanography, seismology, weather, or atmosphere.

Moderators: AmyCowen, kgudger, MadelineB, Moderators

priyasrivatsa
Project Question: We are making a healthy cigarette, replacing tobacco with healthy herbs... so need information regarding herbs having a flavor, which ignite and produce smoke. ???
Project Due Date: 15th feb
Project Status: I am just starting

How about a healthy cigarette???

Post by priyasrivatsa »

salutes,
we are a group of two having an idea of making healthy cigarettes.. i.e instead of using tobacco any natural healthy herbs.
So we need information about the herbs which gets ignited and produce smoke. And also the type of paper which can be used for wrapping. Is this idea approachable and will it have a positive effect on smokers who want to quit smoking.. ??????
:? :roll: :idea: :|
amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: How about a healthy cigarette???

Post by amyc »

Have you and your partner spent time doing research on herbal cigarettes? They do exist - many kinds. (You can do some research to see if they are marketed as a way to stop smoking -- or not.)

As you think about the direction you plan to take with your project, you may find it helpful to spend time researching, reading up on background material that you find by searching online or using a local library, and learning more about the history of herbal cigarettes up to this point.

You can find some information to get you started on this Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbal_cigarette (There are links there and brand names that you can track down.)

You will also find links to other pages related to the kinds of papers used.

If you have specific questions once you move further into your project, please post to this same thread again at Ask an Expert. Our Experts won't do the research, but they can offer assistance if you have questions about your Experimental Design or during the project/testing.

You may find it helpful to review the Experimental Procedure for this Science Buddies Project Idea: Calling It Quits: What Is the Most Effective Way to Quit Smoking? https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... l?from=AAE

In addition to raising issues about various approaches people who want to quit smoking take, it might give you ideas about how to think about a study - or how to think about how to view an herbal cigarette.

Amy
Science Buddies
sunmoonstars
Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by sunmoonstars »

Hi,

That's a really interesting project idea. In addition to the reply you already havem I want to add that smoking ANYTHING is generally bad for the lungs. This is one of the limitations in the arguement for medical marijuana, and why many users of medical marijuana prefer to eat it or vaporize it. This is something I thought you might want to look into - vaporizing the active ingredient in these herbs you want to use for healthier cigarettes. Vapor doesn't have all the contaminants smoke does, so it is easier on the lungs.

Tonya
kamranban
Project Question: 1.antibiotic resistance and normal flora
2.changing a idiot rat to genius one.
Project Due Date: n/a

Post by kamranban »

you should know that addiction to the cigarette is because of its nicotine and that it is just being used instead of Acetylcholine in body and when such a thing happens body doesn't make Acetylcholine anymore. so a part of this addiction is physically so you can't replace cigarette with something less dangerous.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
fabliha mayesha
Project Question: arsenic removal from water
Project Due Date: 28 march,2012

Post by fabliha mayesha »

actually smoke is not good for lungs at all whether it is herbal or non herbal. in 3rd world's extreme poor countries people burn different leaves of different plants to produce smoke and intake the smoke .in one sense it is herbal but even it is very much harmful.as people got addicted to them and respirational problems are created.even many people die by lungs dieseases.so, u see no type of smoking is healthy.so a healthy cigarette IS NOT POSSIBLE.[s]
Vinswasander
Project Question: I am good student at all.
Project Due Date: 12.02.2013

Post by Vinswasander »

priyasrivatsa wrote:salutes,
we are a group of two having an idea of making healthy
e cigarette.. i.e instead of using tobacco any natural healthy herbs.
So we need information about the herbs which gets ignited and produce smoke. And also the type of paper which can be used for wrapping. Is this idea approachable and will it have a positive effect on smokers who want to quit smoking.. ??????

:? :roll: :idea: :|
Hello priyasrivatsa, whats up man. I have some study about addiction. I need to get publicity about my content because our society is now in danger. We should protect addiction from our society. First of all we can try e cigarette because it is reliable and harmless. I have two running project about e cigarette campaign. Hope this wil improve our current position.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”