career suggestions please

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

automotiveaspirant
Project Question: getting information about career plans
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

career suggestions please

Post by automotiveaspirant »

Hello Everyone
I graduated in automotive engineering and I am looking to settle down in this field but as I don't have enough work experience in this sector and I am looking to apply for jobs in automotive sector I want to learn further and build a good career, but I am really confused in which COURSE/SOFTWARE TOOLS to do(like NASTRAN/PATRAN/LS DYNA/CATIA SO ON). so could anyone please suggest me some automotive courses which are vastly used in automotive industry/manufacturing sectors, which has good job prospects at the moment. I will really owe you a lot if you could suggest me by taking your valuable time.
looking forward to hear from you soon

With regards
wendellwiggins
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a

Re: career suggestions please

Post by wendellwiggins »

Hello automotiveaspirant,

I am not familiar with automotive engineering by experience. However, a quick web search for "careers in automotive engineering" turned up a lot of links to job openings and job training sites. I suggest that you browse these links and look for skills desired by the jobs offers and the skills taught by the training sites.

Every engineer freshly out of school faces the problem of having little experience. I suggest that you look for any job that gets you started gaining experience and work up from there.

Good luck, WW
John Dreher
Former Expert
Occupation: Astronomer, Professor of Physics, SETI Researcher (retired)
Project Question: n/a

Re: career suggestions please

Post by John Dreher »

Like WW, I'm not an ME. However, a bit of web sleuthing suggests that the most popular CAE/CAD/CAM software packages are CATIA, SolidWorks, and Unigraphics. So studying one or more of these systems might prove useful. However, as WW suggested, any job will get "your foot in the door" :-)

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”