Creating an experiment using buffers with le Chatelier's Principle

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

DyaniHernandez

Creating an experiment using buffers with le Chatelier's Principle

Post by DyaniHernandez »

I am a student who is assigned a project for the science fair in Chemistry. I researched many topics and discovered Le Chatelier's Principle. I have done a lot of research on buffers and the principle and have to create a procedure to explore this principle further. The problem is I need to find an experiment's procedure and results to form my own procedure off of. I have not been able to find an experiment with results. Additionally, I want to use common buffer solutions that I can easily gain access to. The procedures I have been able to find do not use this. I want to form a simplified procedure testing the limitations of buffers first without strains on the system (higher concentration/temperature) then with strains but unfortunately I have not learned this topic in school yet so it is proving very difficult. If anyone has a resource or suggestion on how to create a procedure it would be very much appreciated.
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Creating an experiment using buffers with le Chatelier's Principle

Post by norman40 »

Hello DyaniHernandez,

You might find the following link to be of interest:

http://dl.clackamas.edu/ch105/lesson7buffers.html

The lesson suggests an experimental demonstration of Le Chatelier's principle using a bicarbonate buffer. This buffer should be easily accessible as well.

I hope this helps and good luck. Please post again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”