Power of kicks

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Aaron1673

Power of kicks

Post by Aaron1673 »

Hi, I am planning on doing the power of kicks experiment for my science fair, but there are some regulations in my science fair that states that we have to do an experiment that can contribute to the world. I can’t find out how this could contribute to the world, help please!!!!!!!!
stephaniebie
Former Expert

Re: Power of kicks

Post by stephaniebie »

Hello Aaron1673!

Maybe you can try connecting the project to the idea of improving self-defense programs around the world. For example, if you find that one type of kick performs better than another, you could reason that the first kick would also be better taught in self-defense courses. In the long run, the improved teachings may help decrease the number of victims susceptible to criminal activity.

I also put together some guiding questions that may help in brainstorming ways in which your experiment may contribute to the world:
- In what ways is martial arts important to an individual? How about to the world?
- How can the act of studying martial arts contribute to the global context?
- What is the significance of adding a scientific/mathematical aspect to martial arts?
- What group of people would benefit the most from the results of your experiment?
- What are some major global issues today? How does martial arts, as a form of exercise influence these issues? ...as a form of self-defense...? ...as an art...?

Remember, you can also find some leeway in the regulations such as in the way they define "world." In other words, your experiment may not have to contribute a significant amount to the physical world (i.e. environment) but may instead influence the social world (i.e. changing societal views on martial arts) or the scientific world (i.e. connecting a form of art [that is, if you consider martial arts as an art :)] with the sciences).

Hope this helps!
Good luck and feel free to write back with any more questions! :D
Stephanie Bie
Aaron1673

Re: Power of kicks

Post by Aaron1673 »

Thanks. I have got one question though, marry me?? :wink

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”