Impulse and Impact Force about robot

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

leehyunsoo

Impulse and Impact Force about robot

Post by leehyunsoo »

It may be a little difficult, but we'd appreciate it if you could help us out a little bit.

I'll give you the specifics of our experiment. The robot (about 20 cm) is placed on a flat surface, and it is used to make its hands reach forward and to adjust the angle of both legs with its legs spread apart. Then, push a heavy object (expected to be about 5 kg) onto the robot hand by pushing it on the same straight line. The impact force will then send a hand through the robot's legs to the ground. I have a hypothesis that although the amount of impact is the same, it can also be distributed depending on the angle of the bridge. Because when we push a soft object, we will burn the wagon so that it will not act as a variable.) They don't stretch their legs to push, but they bend them (the law of reaction) because they don't block anyone from demonstrating by extending their legs to block them. But on the other hand, I also think that we can bend our legs according to the muscle that we use because we're dependent on the distribution of the muscles in our legs. And I think the most important thing about this experiment is the amount of impact that we're going to have when a heavy object hits the robot, and I think it's very important to know how badly it distributes the shock forces. Obviously, all experiments require the same amount of charge, so that's a problem. Is there any way to compare the dispersion of the impact forces with the relative comparison to other experiments rather than the numerical value? (Based on the figures, that would be correct, but ...) I would appreciate your help! Excuse me.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Impulse and Impact Force about robot

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi leehyunsoo,
I am very sorry to say that I was able to understand fully what you are trying to accomplish.
Based on you description, it sounded like you need to be able to make some kind of impact or force measurement?

If this is the case, please take a look at this link: https://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/se ... ct_sensors

I am not sure what type of controller you are using with the robot but it may be possible to integrate some of these sensors onto the same control platform.

Good Luck and please post again if we can be of any further help.
Willey

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”