Deodorant Experiment (Project)

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

SueRod

Deodorant Experiment (Project)

Post by SueRod »

Hi I'm doing an experiment on deodorant testing which is better spray, gel, or powder deodorant and I am not sure exactly 3 things to measure (mass, distance, volume, time, temperature, count, calculate, or grading scale). I have some ideas but I want more of a variety to observe in this experiment if possible.
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Deodorant Experiment (Project)

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi,
This sounds like an interesting experiment! To answer your question, I think we need to start with the definition of "better." For example, are you defining "better" as the deodorant that last longer? If so, then you can devise measurements that will help you determine / prove this point. (In this case, I am thinking something along the line of how quickly the deodorant evaporate in the spray, gel and powder form.) At any rate, that's just one example.

Please post again if we can be of any other help.

Good Luck!
Willey
SueRod

Post by SueRod »

Hey thanks for the feedback! When you say "evaporate" do you mean by being visible or by scent?
LeungWilley
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by LeungWilley »

Hi,
You are welcome. Most deodorant contain some amount of alcohol so it will evaporate when exposed to the atmosphere.
(And yes, you can observe that either visually or by scent - I think it may be easier to observe visually with camera and such since smell is somewhat subjective.)

Good Luck!
Willey

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”