Infinity mirror advance project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

nancy2323
Project Question: I've completed the infinity mirror project last year with led changing color lights. I want to work off of this idea and get an advance concept to work on for my next science project. Any ideas?
Project Due Date: 2/21/19
Project Status: I am conducting my research

Infinity mirror advance project

Post by nancy2323 »

Last year I completed my science project on the infinity mirror using LED color changing lights. I created multiple mirrors and graphed number of reflections. I loved this project and want to use the same concept this year, but have it more complicated or advance in nature. Do you have any suggestions? Please help me. I researched all over the internet and couldn't come up with any variation or advancement to this. I already have all the materials saved from last year.
norman40
Former Expert
Project Question: Volunteer
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Infinity mirror advance project

Post by norman40 »

Hi nancy2323,

Did you work on the Arduino-controlled mirror project described at the following link?

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... or-arduino

If so, you might consider adding some programmed features to the light display. For example, you might add a temperature sensor to the circuit and program the system to change the light color as the temperature changes. Or you might add a motion sensor and programming that switches the lights off when someone approaches so that the system can be temporarily used as a regular mirror. Or you might add programming that randomly changes the light color.

I hope this helps. Please ask again if you have more questions.

A. Norman

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”