Another way to Run Cars?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

timeangel18

Another way to Run Cars?

Post by timeangel18 »

Hello, I am a person who likes to think about things- by all means not a scientist. But I was thinking, you know how a car is ran by small explosions, what if we came up with a different source of explosion. What I was thinking was something along the lines of splitting atoms. But I don't think that there is a small enough explosion, as well as not be radioactive.
Any thoughts on that? (lol I came back to this and all I could think of was Rick and Morty and their car that's ran by a multi verse. This idea of splitting atoms would like cars ran by little stars/suns.) Hmmm if this would be possible you would also have to take in account on how the 'star' would die. Wouldn't want cars to just be exploding all over the place.
Is it also possible for the split atom to be put back together. (this could be the on and off button of the car)
As well as, is there a way to wire magnets to hover above the ground? The movement forward (or backwards) would have to be a different power source but isn't getting something to float on its own the hard part?
MadelineB
Project Question: Interested in volunteering as an expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Another way to Run Cars?

Post by MadelineB »

Science Buddies Ask the Expert forums are for students in grades K-12 who need help with their hands-on science projects. If you are a student in one of those grades, please tell us more about your hands-on science project, including your hypothesis and the experiments you plan to conduct to test your hypothesis. If you are not doing a hands-on science project, there are other sites on the internet where your questions would be more appropriate. Thank you.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”