Does increasing the mass of a falling object change its acceleration? DUE TOMMOROW!!!!!!

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

NewtonsApple

Does increasing the mass of a falling object change its acceleration? DUE TOMMOROW!!!!!!

Post by NewtonsApple »

Please help me fast, so we are doing a scientific report on if increasing the mass of objects the same size affects acceleration. We are making balls the same size but different weights roll down a ramp and what I really need help with is the rationale. I need to talk about the SUVATS formula but I am having trouble, and it needs to be in the rationale. :?:
charlesg
Expert

Re: Does increasing the mass of a falling object change its acceleration? DUE TOMMOROW!!!!!!

Post by charlesg »

Hi NewtonsApple,

Is this for a homework assignment? If so, there are other, more appropriate forums for homework help. This forum is to help students with science fair projects.

If this is for a science fair project, notice that mass doesn't show up in the SUVATS formulas.

Best,
Charles
NewtonsApple

Re: Does increasing the mass of a falling object change its acceleration? DUE TOMMOROW!!!!!!

Post by NewtonsApple »

Thank you,
It just said 'Grades 9-12: Physical Science and I'm doing Physics so I thought it was the right topic, my teacher said we just have to expain the acceleration formula in the Rationale and link it to the experiment as background info and I need help on this

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”