Need Help

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

WilliamCarey

Need Help

Post by WilliamCarey »

Hello

For my science fair which is in 27 days I am thinking of using a digital camera to measure sky glow which basically means i'm going around at night taking photos to measure when is the best time to star gaze but i don't know if it is a project that has enough science in it to do it for the science fair.

[Administrator note: project: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... re-skyglow ]
cmpayne
Former Expert
Project Question: I'm here to help you find answers science questions and point you in directions to learn more.
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Need Help

Post by cmpayne »

Dear WilliamCarey,

That looks like a fun project. And if you can form a testable hypothesis that can be examined with well-designed experiments, then there is probably enough "science in it." How would you alter the posted procedure to answer a new question? Perhaps something related to optics...

Something to consider though... The project states it takes 2-4 weeks to complete. It's possible that, unless you get started SOON, you may not finish the project in time.

Best regards,
-Dr. Payne

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”