Ecological Footprint Analysis project

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

amgScBud2021

Ecological Footprint Analysis project

Post by amgScBud2021 »

Hi, Board Members!
I am new to this forum and I am a high school science and math teacher. I would love to have my Grade 12 Environment Science students take on the project 'Ecological Footprint Analysis' as their year-end project. My question: How could I steer the students towards starting such a project, especially as my school is primarily online and the students would not have recourse to labs and to take any experimental data. Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you.
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Ecological Footprint Analysis project

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - The project you mention is an "abbreviated" project at Science Buddies, which means that it doesn't contain a procedure. Instead, it's just an idea around which students are to build their own project and procedure.

If you want to consider something with more guidance and which might work well for remote learning, you might look at this lesson, which uses the Your Plan, Your Planet tool. https://www.sciencebuddies.org/teacher- ... tal-impact

That lesson is written to meet standards for lower grades, but you potentially could adapt it for use with your older students to focus on a specific angle.

Just a suggestion.

Amy

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”