Radon detector

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

arachiya

Radon detector

Post by arachiya »

I made the Radon detector and the instructions state what the basic reading should be on a multimeter for a cool room. Is there a chart to say what readings would be considered dangerous.... if say 15mV is a standard amount of alpha particles in a typical room, what reading would be considered dangerous?
The detector will be monitoring the radon levels in The Skywatcher Clan's Dragon Cave to ensure the members, and quests, who join the tribe's TERRANAUT CORPS exploration are not being exposed to dangerous levels of Radon.
AmyCowen
Site Admin
Project Question: -
Project Due Date: -
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Radon detector

Post by AmyCowen »

Hi - The Ask an Expert forums are for students working on school science projects. If you used the project directions to build a radon detector, you may want to go back and reread the background tab for information about how it works and ranges. There are also links in the bibliography to help you start research for more information on this topic.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... background

Amy
Science Buddies
arachiya

Re: Radon detector

Post by arachiya »

I can not find the answer in the back ground or any other link. I am trying to find the designer himself to find the answer, but someone here must have built the device and made a chart of readings in relation to the professional detector (as suggested)...

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”