Water-based resin Dough-like PVC bait.

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

GloFishing

Water-based resin Dough-like PVC bait.

Post by GloFishing »

Hello all!

I am doing a project that is quite beneficial to my personal life as well as at school!
I am trying to create a dough-like bait, similar to Gulp! & Powerbait by Berkeley.

The structure and feel of the dough is made from PVC Powder & Water-based resin. This is where I am running into troubles.
I think I need an ionic single component polyurethane dispersion, which I believe is a water-based resin but could be totally off..
And that leaves me wondering, what is that exactly & where can I find it?

If someone can point me In the right direction it would be much appreciated, and if someone has a better idea I welcome it with open arms..

Thank you
ctactawong
Expert

Re: Water-based resin Dough-like PVC bait.

Post by ctactawong »

That sounds like a fun project!

While the formulation of powerbait is proprietary, from the information available on the internet they are made from PVC plastisol.

I suggest you start with the recipes for making polymer clay from plastisol. The challenge is to arrive at a formulation which good consistency, viscosity and (most importantly) buoyancy.

Good luck!

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”