Gravity on a spaceship from acceleration

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

Timemachine101

Gravity on a spaceship from acceleration

Post by Timemachine101 »

So if i had a spaceship and it could go anywhere really fast but not too fast as i realise that if you go to accelerate to fast then you die. Anyway my question is that if i am in space with no gravity acting on me i will experience no weight but as soon as my spaceship start moving i move as well in the opposite direction to the spaceship. When i reach the wall of my spaceship it pushes against me and i move along with teh spaceship. If i have a circle ship that moves up so that the gravity made when accelerating will push me down on the floor how would i work out what the gravity is so that i can go faster without someone else dying?
How do i work out the gravity in a spaceship when accelerating?
bfinio
Expert
Project Question: Expert
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Gravity on a spaceship from acceleration

Post by bfinio »

Hi - this forum is for help with science projects and not general science questions. If you are considering doing a science project about artificial gravity, you may find the information in this project useful: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... al-gravity

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”