PHYSICS PLEASE HELPppppp

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

ANGUR

PHYSICS PLEASE HELPppppp

Post by ANGUR »

Hi guys...
I hope you can help me...In class we done 4 different Experiments...:
Hookes law ( equipment: weight stand, campstand, elastic band ,Pin, Ruler, weights 50g to 450g), Ohms law ( Lamp, batteries,wires, Ameter, Voltage), PH Liguids(, Ph Liquids, Ph meter, Electrode ph, Buffers 4,7,10, 4 unkown liguids, Ph meter, calculater) and Haemocytometer (Test tupe hold, Haemosztometer, Pepette filler x8, Time, Distilled Water, Microscope, Covership, Test tues, Calculater).

I need to answer this question:

A description of how you used the equipment, in partiuclarly how you made sure your measurment were accurate. Dd you set the measuring euipment up first before you could use it? If possible explain how you could improve the accuracy of your measurments.

I have no Idear how to answer this question....please I need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS
ANGUR

Re: PHYSICS PLEASE HELPppppp

Post by ANGUR »

ANGUR wrote:Hi guys...
Hookes law ( equipment: weight stand, campstand, elastic band ,Pin, Ruler, weights 50g to 450g), Ohms law ( Lamp, batteries,wires, Ameter, Voltage), PH Liguids(, Ph Liquids, Ph meter, Electrode ph, Buffers 4,7,10, 4 unkown liguids, Ph meter, calculater) and Haemocytometer (Test tupe hold, Haemosztometer, Pepette filler x8, Time, Distilled Water, Microscope, Covership, Test tues, Calculater).

A description of how you used the equipment, in partiuclarly how you made sure your measurment were accurate. Dd you set the measuring euipment up first before you could use it? If possible explain how you could improve the accuracy of your measurments.

I have no Idear how to answer this question....please I need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS
Louise
Former Expert

Post by Louise »

THANKS
Hi Angur,
Posting more than once won't get you an answer faster; the experts only check the forums once or twice a day. So plan for 24-36 hours for a response, though we do try to get back to you more quickly.

I suggest you look at the science fair guide posted on this site for help with your assignment. Your teacher is asking for a lab report which is similar to (but not the same as) the science fair report that we have instructions for.
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ndex.shtml

The parts that might be most useful for your paper are the experimental (how you did the experiment) and data analysis (how you tell if your datat is accurate) sections:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... dure.shtml

https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... ysis.shtml

This is a general forum for students developing science fair projects. We don't have specific knowledge about the 4 experiments you did in your class, so we don't know the answer to your question. You did the experiment, we did not. We don't know what the procedure was. We can only show you examples of how to write an experimental procedure or how to analyze data. If you have a more specific scientific question, or you don't understand the material I posted, feel free to ask for clarification. Good luck with your report!

Louise
bradleyshanrock-solberg
Former Expert
Occupation: Software Engineer/QA Lead - Quality, Risk Assessment, Statistics, Problem Solving
Project Question: BS Caltech Engineering & Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science)
Research in Traffic and Ceramic Composites
25 years doing IT, various roles, for multinational manufacturing company
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by bradleyshanrock-solberg »

You did the experiments.

What your instructor is asking for is, in your own words, think about what you did during the experiments and point out what part of the experiment focused on accurate measurements.

For example, if your experiment required bringing water to a boil, boiling it for 5 minutes, then to take it off the heat how would you know the water is boiling? What were you using to measure time?

Lets say you measured time by watching the clock on the wall, which is not digital, but "clicks" every time a minute passes. Lets say you decided it was boiling when it was "bubbling enough".

A stopwatch will give more accurate time than, say, using the clock in the room. "Boiling" is imprecise ...one experimenter might call it boiling when the bubbles first start, another might wait for a "rolling boil". If the start time was done by "eyeball" an improvement might be to use a thermometer and when it said 100 degrees celcius, start the stopwatch.

So this question requires you to

1. Review what you did in the experiment
2. Think about any measurements you made and how they were made
3. Suggest improvements to those measurements

Hopefully this answer helped some.

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”