Which fruit has the most vitamin C?

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

loveangel

Which fruit has the most vitamin C?

Post by loveangel »

currently, im doing my investigatory project, the question given to me is: "which fruit has the most vitamin c?" , so i picked: mango, apple, orange and banana)
"determination of vitamin C" , is the title i gave to this experiment.
as i searched, titration, is the process which is suitable to this. and i am unable to enumerate the processes in simple sentences, which i am having difficulties and the various materials which are needed to this experiment. writing a methodology would be easier for me, if i would know the procedures. but i really dont know. how to interpret. much help is needed in the procedures and materials
geoffbruton
Former Expert

Post by geoffbruton »

Hi loveangel,

This sounds like an interesting project! I had a quick look through the Science Buddies website and found the following: https://www.sciencebuddies.org/mentorin ... p043.shtml

Although this project has to do with if the amount of vitamin C in oranges decreases after being picked, there is a lot of information that you should find useful.

Please read over the information and see if you can adapt it to what you need. Also, please post back with any specific questions you may have.

Good luck!
Geoff.
Geoff Bruton
Firearm & Toolmark Section
Ventura County Sheriff's Department
Forensic Sciences Laboratory

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”