Coconut Water

Ask questions about projects relating to: aerodynamics or hydrodynamics, astronomy, chemistry, electricity, electronics, physics, or engineering

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, MadelineB, Moderators

narang_parth

Coconut Water

Post by narang_parth »

Hi
i am doing a project on salt analysis of coconut water. I am not able to find the theory this project. If i am having fresh coconut water, so how can i increase the concentration of the salt present in it. Many of the tests i performed gave ma a negative test, so can you give me the procedure of the anions and cations present in it, by which they will give me positive test.
i'll will be very thankfull if you provide me all the details as soon as possible because i am in 12th grade and after one month i am having my boards practicle.
Thank You
Parth
ChrisG
Former Expert
Project Question: n/a
Project Due Date: n/a
Project Status: Not applicable

Post by ChrisG »

Hi Narang,
Have you tried evaporating some of the water from your sample? That might work.
Regards,
Chris
narang_parth

Coconut water

Post by narang_parth »

hello sir
Yes i tried to evaporate it i.e. i took 200ml and brought it down to 50ml by boiling it. But it turned brown. I thought that i would not have washed the borosil beaker carefully, so i tried it again and nothing changed. i think because of this only i am getting (-)ve tests.
Please guide me.
Thank You
Parth
maxwelmorgen
Project Question: science
Project Due Date: July 15, 2014
Project Status: I am just starting

Re: Coconut Water

Post by maxwelmorgen »

Hi Narang,
Coconut water is great for our health as it contains essential vitamins needed for healthy lifestyle. Coconut water is naturally fat free and low in calories so help in losing extra weight also. Coconut water boost energy, calms upset stomachs and vomiting also.
Health is wealth

Return to “Grades 9-12: Physical Science”