Former Expert
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:27 pm
Occupation: Planetary Scientist

Postby tdaly » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:17 am


If you are looking for a specific person to discuss your project with, your best bet would probably be to look at the websites of any junior colleges or colleges that are near where you live. One these websites, you may be able to find the contact information of a professor in microbiology. Please note, however, that it is critical that you be respectful in your communications with the professors and that your queries be well thought out and complete.
All the best,

Former Expert
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:43 am
Occupation: Research Hydrologist

fruit dehydration experts

Postby ChrisG » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:52 pm

Another good option is to search for food science departments at large research universities. ... department

There are people specializing in dehydration of fruits and vegetables at many of these universities, and you can identify them by their publications: ... od+science

Keep in mind, if the professors in those departments are unable to help, they may have graduate students who can help.

I agree with Terik that you should be mindful that professors are typically very busy and some will not respond to casual inquiries. If you post your email communications here before you send them, we can let you know if you are on the right track.

Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”