sorthel
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 am

vegetable can project

Postby sorthel » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:58 am

How can I make a vegetable can to run like a car, I have never done this before, can someone out there help me PLEASE! The project is due on the 26 of Sept
I have to make a vegetable car can and present it in from of the class, the car needs to have wheels that can roll, can someone please help me, I have no idea how to start this project.

OneBriiguy
Former Expert
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:31 am
Occupation: Engineer

Re: vegetable can project

Postby OneBriiguy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:01 am

sorthel wrote:How can I make a vegetable can to run like a car, I have never done this before, can someone out there help me PLEASE! The project is due on the 26 of Sept


Hi, sorthel!

We are here to answer your questions about your science fair projects. It helps us to help you if your posts to this forum contain specific questions that we can answer. I'm afraid that I don't understand exactly what you are asking for. Could you please be more specific and provoide more details?
Brian Castelli (OneBriiguy)
Engineering Specialist

sorthel
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 am

Postby sorthel » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:47 am

THe vegetable can need to operate like a car with 4 wheels, I think I can just make 4 holes and put something to connect the wheels to it ,
I have to make a vegetable car can and present it in from of the class, the car needs to have wheels that can roll, can someone please help me, I have no idea how to start this project.

OneBriiguy
Former Expert
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:31 am
Occupation: Engineer

Postby OneBriiguy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 am

sorthel wrote:THe vegetable can need to operate like a car with 4 wheels, I think I can just make 4 holes and put something to connect the wheels to it ,


Hi, sorthel!

I think you have found a way to start! Keep up the good work!
Brian Castelli (OneBriiguy)

Engineering Specialist

sorthel
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 am

Postby sorthel » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 am

OneBriiguy wrote:
sorthel wrote:THe vegetable can need to operate like a car with 4 wheels, I think I can just make 4 holes and put something to connect the wheels to it ,


Hi, sorthel!

I think you have found a way to start! Keep up the good work!


OD you think the spindles used for sewing, the things that hold the thread would work well for the wheels, havent tried it yet, thought I would put those on it for the wheels,
I have to make a vegetable car can and present it in from of the class, the car needs to have wheels that can roll, can someone please help me, I have no idea how to start this project.

OneBriiguy
Former Expert
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:31 am
Occupation: Engineer

Postby OneBriiguy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:13 am

sorthel wrote:OD you think the spindles used for sewing, the things that hold the thread would work well for the wheels, havent tried it yet, thought I would put those on it for the wheels,


Hi, sorthel!

I think you are well on your way to making your own decisions about this project. Good for you! I think you should use whtever materials make sense to you based on your requirements. Your requirements are what you need the car to do. If you were making something that needed to go as fast as posible, that would suggest using one thing for wheels whereas if you were making something that needed to be very stable you might pick something else.
Brian Castelli (OneBriiguy)

Engineering Specialist


Return to “Life, Earth, and Social Sciences”