Nanorg windows 7

Ask questions about projects relating to: computer science or pure mathematics (such as probability, statistics, geometry, etc...).

Moderators: kgudger, bfinio, Moderators

amyc
Site Admin
Project Question: N/A
Project Due Date: N/A
Project Status: Not applicable

Nanorg windows 7

Post by amyc »

Posted on behalf of a student/parent:

The problem I am having is with the NANORG project. The contest06 application will not open via the command prompt. It keeps asking me which program I would like to open it in (this is on a Windows 7). When I copy the path from contest06 and paste it in the cmd, it opens the application, but will not let me input my asm file. Since you are in technical support I was wondering if you could help me.
dcnick96
Former Expert

Re: Nanorg windows 7

Post by dcnick96 »

Hello. I am sorry you are having problems. I was able to run the program fine with the example file samplebot.asm in Windows 7. I want to be sure of something.

When you open the command prompt, it defaults to the file directory c:\USERS\myname. Myname on your computer will be whatever name you have assigned yourself when you log in to windows. This is a file folder on your hard drive. If your executable and asm file are not located in this folder on your hard drive, it won't work. There are two options:

1. Be sure the executable and asm file are located in this folder. You can navigate to this folder using Windows Explorer. Note: this file folder is not your desktop.

2. Save your files to the desktop and navigate the command prompt to your desktop. I did this. I have the executable and asm file on my desktop. Next:
a. Open the command prompt and type: cd desktop
b. At the command prompt, type: contest06.EXE –p:yourPlayerFile.asm. Obviously, replace "yourPlayerFile" with the name of your asm file
c. Hit enter, and the program should work.

Copy / paste doesn't work well at the command prompt. You'll have to type everything in manually.

I hope this solves the problem. If not, be sure to write back and outline exactly what you are doing and where your files are located after you unzip the files.

Good luck.
Deana
Mopminiboo
Project Question: student
Project Due Date: student
Project Status: Not applicable

Re: Nanorg windows 7

Post by Mopminiboo »

However, always read the Very good information

Return to “Grades 9-12: Math and Computer Science”